15 Nov More Ukrainian nationals arrived in Canada under the CUAET
More Ukrainian nationals arrived in Canada under the CUAET
On November 14, 2022, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) updated the number of Ukrainian newcomers arriving in Canada under the Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel (CUAET). According to the latest update, between January 1 and November 6, 2022, 17,003 Ukrainians arrived in Canada by land, and an additional 98,009 reached by air. Between March 17 and November 8, 2022, IRCC received 676,420 applications under the CUAET. In total, IRCC approved 378,797 applications from Ukrainian nationals.
Ukrainian_immigrants, #Ukrainian_refugees, #refugees, #CUAET, #Ukraine, #IRCC
Canada announced new work opportunities for Canadian and Italian youth under International Experience Canada
On November 14, 2022, the Government of Canada announced a new Canada-Italy Youth Mobility Agreement, expanding work opportunities for Canadian and Italian youth. The new agreement, which takes effect immediately, allows youth aged 18-35 to work and travel for up to 12 months and participate in the program twice for a total of 24 months. The expansion also includes two new streams under International Experience Canada – International Co-op and Young Professionals, to help Italian youth gain professional work experience in Canada.
IEC, #Italy, #work_permits, #Italian_youth, #work_in_Canada, #Canada_Italy_Youth_Mobility_Agreement
Manitoba published a notice regarding the use of NOC 2021
On November 14, 2022, the Government of Manitoba published a notice regarding the Expression of Interest draws using the NOC 2021. The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program will begin using the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) for all applications received after November 16, 2022. The MPNP will hold an Expression of Interest draw for profiles using NOC 2021 on November 17, 2022. Applicants wishing to be considered in any draw held on that date must submit their Expression of Interest profile by 11:59 PM the day before, on November 16, 2022. After November 16, 2022, the MPNP will still accept new Expression of Interest profiles and continue to have regular draws based on the MPNP’s needs.
MPNP, #NOC_2021, #EOI, #Manitoba, #NOC_change
91.2% of Canada’s population consists of citizens
Statistics Canada’s new report, – “A portrait of citizenship in Canada from the 2021 census,” pointed out that out of a population of 33.1 million in Canada, 91.2% were citizens by birth or naturalization. The remaining 8.8% of the population included non-Canadians, such as permanent or temporary residents. The share of Canadian citizens by birth has decreased significantly since 1991, while the share of naturalized Canadians and the number of non-Canadians in Canada have increased. According to the report, 80% of eligible immigrants obtained Canadian citizenship in 2021.